THE SITTER
For Vincent

Blue and golden, red and brown
your flesh color shines through.
Translucent like those piercing
eyes that look from you.  Vincent
this is for you, my painted words.
I hope this shows you in a light
That you are used to, Van Gogh
Van Goff how we pronounce is
Nothing to do with you, the light

Encircles your eyes like

Pools of water you seen through
A spyrol of existence, shining you.
I want to paint your picture but
In words. I hope I can do you justice
Like the pleasure you gave to me.
Tone and tone on shadow like you
Used to portray, this is not a canvas
Just a clean white space filled with
Strokes from a brush stroked blue.

I have no memory of my own so
You will have to do, dead I hope

You don’t mind being the sitter.

Comments

  1. FIX YOUR BLEEDING CRUCIFIX

    Marriage, flowers rose humanity
    Is built on blood. The scent of petals
    Linger langur our neighborhood.
    Spent sentimentality we walk upon
    Like a cortege, one slow step down.
    The road that is crushed is not the way
    We’ve got to see beyond the funeral clay.
    Hate is in our hearts and there it stays unless
    If only we can turn back, hate a little less.
    It’s in our bones take it out into our might
    Then we just might see the truth the light.
    A thing of importance has nothing to do
    With this, fix your bleeding crucifix or I will.
    I’m just a nobody no memory all alone
    Sensation taken from me, but this is home.
    Please end these crusades and give us hope
    Not to fight another day, I’ve had up to here.
    All my life has been just one long fight
    The fighting will only end when we say no more
    We can’t even talk of love without talking hate.
    Is that all we are just a blame game, man can-
    Not live in peace until the dying’s done, done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog